The Healing Smokey Mountains

When I look outside right now I see a old mountain covered in trees. Quite a different view than what I'm used to on the Saskatchewan prairies. For the past 5 days I've been in the smokey mountains in Northern Georgia right on the Tennessee boarder. I've been able to come down here to get away from everything and visit old friends that have taken me in and blessed me more than I could have ever imagined. It's been so good for my soul to be here. It's been a hard year of change and trying to focus on what my calling should be and where to go. Basically, I've felt pretty lost. And when I look out into the vast open scenery with all the misty mountains, miles of greenery, and the shining rooftops from the sparkling sun I realize something. I'm at peace and overwhelmed at the same time. I feel like I could burst into tears but also rise like a soaring dove. It's almost like the mist of the smokey mountains is washing me clean of all past and present anxieties and faults. The mist is a veil that protects, calms, heals, and embraces. It reminds me that throughout all the chaos in life...I'm here, I exist, and I'm ok. I'm going to be ok.

Comments

Popular Posts