Sharing Your Gifts

A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of singing in an event called the Opera Tea which our vocal performance students/teachers of the voice/various voice lesson students put on. And it is exactly what it sounds like: opera singing together with a cup of tea. I had been a part of this last year and enjoyed it a lot, however this year was different. I had a wonderful musical experience that was fantastic! I learned a lot about myself and the reason why I sing in the beginning. First off, it was wonderful sharing the musical gifts we all were given by God. It brings Him glory and it is amazing using our gifts to glorify the Lord. If I sing yet have no reason to sing, then it is just a sound and not anything that anyone would want to listen to. It is like a canvas without paint. But because I have been given this gift then I must share it, but also give praise and credit to the One who gave it to me. Second, I loved sharing my gift with the audience and hopefully giving them pleasure listening. I know for the fact that there were people there that night that...let’s put this in a nice term, hate opera. And you know what, that's perfectly ok. It ok to dislike something, however they still came and supported the Arts so thumbs up to them! Regardless if they liked it or not, I still had people come up to me who said, "I appreciate you sharing your gift, it blessed me." Wow, that is so powerful. It amazes me that people are blessed by my voice. I really then have to give praise back to Jesus, and thank Him that I have the chance to let Him shine through me in song. I also think it is important sharing your gift with the others that you sing with. Being as expressive as they are, and enjoying the moment and the chance to sing with each other. I sang a duet by Mozart from the Marriage of Figaro with an amazing soprano named Madison. We are both trained by the same teacher, we both love opera, and we both are very expressive. It was such a joy singing with her and was incredible sharing our gifts with each other and with the audience. It makes us stronger performers and makes the relationships with your fellow singers stronger and powerful. And lastly, sharing my musical gifts has not only given glory to God and blessed audiences; it has blessed and wowed me. I never in a million trillion years EVER thought that I would be where I am. I was a shy shy girl growing up who wanted to sing so badly but was too afraid. God placed the right people in my life to help me break out of my shell, and gave me the courage to break down the walls of fear. And now I am on my way to pursue a career in the opera world! That is pretty cool! It is all through Christ who gave (and gives) me strength to keep singing and developing my voice. I would not be singing if God did not give me the courage and bravery to do so. I am grateful to Jesus for letting me sing and giving me the opportunity to sing.

Thanks for reading and I hope that you are inspired to go out and share your gifts with the world. God gave you an amazing gift, so go use it for His glory and to bless others with!

Comments

Popular Posts