There's No Business Like Show Business!


Tonight, I decided to watch an award show. Now, normally I can't really watch award shows because they are so long, but tonight it was the Tony Awards, which is right up my ally, its my kind of award show! For those of you that don't know, The Tony Awards recognize achievement in live American theatre whether plays or musicals. It was amazing to watch this award show not because of the musical numbers (which were AMAZING!), but because of how each person who won an award reacted. Obviously anyone who wins an award is humble and thankful, but the community of Broadway and New York is different than say Hollywood. One person that made me teary-eyed was an Broadway Actress Katie Finneran who won Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical. Now I'll be honest, I didn't know who she was until she won, but what she said as she received this award really stuck with me and made me think. She said that she remembers thinking that Broadway, the tony awards, this spot was so far out of reach and felt impossible to reach, but she did, and she says that you should devote your life and time to what you love and you'll reach your dreams. It just felt so real what she was saying and she sounded really genuine, as did everyone else. I've always wanted to be in a musical and I have an impossible big dream to be on Broadway one day, and her speach gave me hope that maybe one day I can be on Broadway and be on the Tony Awards if I want to be, it just made me feel hopeful about life and what my dreams can be. After watching it, all I want to do now is sing showtunes and sing my heart out. Man, there are a lot of new and different musicals out there, one that I looked up sounds amazing, its called Promises, Promises http://promisespromisesbroadway.com/ look it up man its awesome! And I also found out about a new musical thats...well...different. Lets just say that if you like rock, and Green Day, you'll love this musical, look it up for yourself, http://americanidiotonbroadway.com/

As they say, There's No Business Like Show Business, Like no business I know!!!!

Comments

  1. Did you watch when Catherine Zeta Jones won? I only saw the acceptance video but it felt excessive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did, she sounded very real to me and I loved how she reacted to getting the Tony which was shock and humility, it was beautiful! It was long, but it was real, which was fresh and raw, I loved it.

    You should have seen her performance, it was beautiful, she can sing so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts