You Can Dance If You Want To!


First off, this is my 50th blog post, so lets celebrate with music, dancing, and my favorite, snacks. So go ahead and get your dancing shoes and your CD's ready...or MP3's, whatever it is you cool kids do. Speaking of partying, I did party last night, however, not celebrating my successful blog...(haha good one Jenna), but rather I was at one of my friend's weddings! In fact, it was one of the MANY MANY MANY weddings of this season.

Weddings are one of those rare occasions that bring the whole family or in this wedding's case, the whole community together in celebration of two people who are in a deep love with each other. We come together to witness their devotion and promise to each other. However, we also celebrate in many different ways, like eating some cake, drinking some punch, and dancing our feet off!

Wait, let me get this straight, you dance Jenna? Yes, hard to believe that someone such as myself would dare to move (haha, thanks switchfoot), I at first was shocked after realizing that I was dancing along with other people who could move far better than myself. At first, I was totally convinced that I would just watch from the sidelines, and I was also convinced that watching would be just as much fun. So I watched, and was having "fun", but it wasn't the same. All of a sudden, as if by fate I was pushed onto the dance floor as people were gathering for a line dance. "Its all about having fun!" said one lady as she pushed me out. Sure, it might be fun to dance, but must I dance and make a fool of myself in front of all these people?

Yes, I must make a fool of myself, and...I did. I followed the leader of the line dance as best I could, messing up and slowly adding my own personality to it. After that was done, my feet just could not stop, as if they had their own minds. So as the music kept changing and the night pressed on, I kept dancing all night long. And as much as I would like to say I hated dancing, I would be the biggest liar because I had the most fun this whole year, all thanks to just moving around like a fool, and watching my friends Dayna and Tressa make fools of themselves as well, very entertaining I may add!

I realized that if I didn't dance at all, I would be more foolish, because I wouldn't fully be celebrating with everyone else. I normally do not like to step out and make myself look silly, but something changed inside me as I was dancing and I did not care if I looked like a idiot. I would have missed out in having fun and experiencing something different. As I was dancing, one of my friends Brett said something that stuck to my brain, "Jenna you’re dancing!", and even though it was something so simple to say, I thought after, yes you’re right. I was dancing, and I loved it. I'm not saying that I would make dancing apart of my professional life, that would NEVER NEVER EVER happen. I still know that I suck at dancing, but even so I don't care, because according to the safety dance song, I can dance if I want to. But no worries! If my friends and your friends don’t dance, they are still friends of mine.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed watching you dance :)
    (I only noticed you for a little bit, I swear I wasn't staring lol ;)
    Hooray for Weddings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts