Baptism

Today was one of the most amazing days of my life. I got baptised today at the Caronport Community Church. It was amazing, standing up in front of the congregation and presenting my life story. Then, as I stepped into the huge tin tub, the first thing I felt other than warm water was the biggest excitement I've ever felt in my life. And as I was lifted down into the water, my heart was overflowing with joy and I could not stop smiling even though I was crying tears of joy. I think all the excitement was just the fact that I was presenting and declaring my faith for myself, for the church, but most important for God, symbolizing that yes, I choose His way and to follow Him because of what He has done in my life. I wanted to share my story with all of you who either heard it or want to hear it again, and those of you who could not be there to witness this day.


I wouldn’t be standing here today if it wasn’t for my parents, who suggested that I should go to CHS in 2005, but most importantly I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for God and what He has blessed and done in my life. Growing up I always knew there was something more, I knew that at Christmas and Easter we would celebrate Jesus and at those times I was reminded about God, but I never really understood who Jesus was or why He was hanging on that cross when I watched the Jesus film every year at Easter. When I came to CHS in grade 9 that is when I really understood what faith in Jesus Christ meant and after a personal decision made at Youth Quake, I became a real Christian, not a twice-a-year remember who Jesus was and what He did, but rather a forever-and-ever follower of Christ who knows that Jesus is Lord and what He is still doing. And today I get to share my faith and present my devotion to God through baptism. I never knew what body of Christ I belonged to because when I was younger we went to a few different churches so I never really knew where I could call home...but I’ve realized that’s silly because the body of Christ is everywhere, not just in Moose Jaw or Mortlach or Caronport, home is where Jesus is. I’ve decided not to be afraid to step out and declare my faith, because God has blessed me so much that I need to praise Him through this beautiful symbolic act of devotion. God is doing amazing things in my life; He has blessed me with the gift of music and song, the opportunity to sing his praise on Resonant at College, and to learn more about Him and his word. But he has also worked personally in my life, taken away fear and doubt and given me strength and so much joy (seriously my heart is over bubbling with joy!), and all I can say is THANK YOU! There isn’t enough I can do. There will still be times of struggle, but with Jesus I can overcome any temptation and attack from the enemy.


Psalm 100: “Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”

Comments

Popular Posts