The Star and the Sceptre


This week I worked at Haukaas, a family friend farm just north of my farm. I worked there for two summers doing different jobs in there office. Things like typing, filing, sorting, things like that. And sometimes I would even do basic stuff like computer stuff or scan photos, pretty awesome haha. This week I worked in there house sorting the little library downstairs and as I was sorting books into fiction and non-fiction, I found this one book that looked interesting. I know there is that saying that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, and I'm sorry to say that I was doing it to this book. The cover art is lame and the title of the novel isn't the best (see for youself in above pic), but I wanted to prove myself wrong that maybe its not so bad, so I read just a little bit of the first chapter...and was hooked! I borrowed it and as soon as I got home, I started reading and could not stop! I stopped now and then because my eyes hurt, but right before I went to bed I looked at the chapter I just finished and it was 19! 19! I read 19 chapters in one day, this book is that amazing. Its the story of Esther written novel style with a few more details to make a longer story. It is really interesting and amazing to read a true story from one of the books of the Bible and feel like its really real. The characters feel real, and it feels like the story is really happening as you read it. I've always been interested in the story of Esther and the whole one night with the King thing, really interesting (by the way that's a great movie!). I haven't read a book like that in a long time. I wish I could read it over and over, but sadly its not my book, dang!

If your in the look for a really awesome book (I had to!), try reading Esther: The Star and the Sceptre by Gini Andrews. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. When I first read the title, I thought you were referring to The Scepter and the Star by John Collins, which is a book I used for my Messianism paper in Jewish Backgrounds last semester.

    Ha, obviously not...then I thought it might be a movie cover for the Esther movie..which surprised me that you would've blogged about it, because the version I saw a while back wasn't the most appropriate film out there. (I saw it on TV first...then got it as a gift for my baptism.)

    Anyways, I'm happy to know you're reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts